The parish church of S. Giovanni Battista is located in the upper part of the village of Bagni, along the road that leads from Orvieto to Ficulle. The church is part of a complex of buildings, including the rectory house.
It has a simple plastered façade ending in a tympanum and has a round-arched portal with a moulded cornice above supported by pilasters. Leaning against the right side of the façade is the imposing cusped bell tower. The bright interior has a single nave divided by transverse arches supported by half-pillars in four bays, with a vaulted roof. The raised presbytery ends in a semicircular apse. Its current appearance is the result of a total restoration carried out at the end of the 19th century on the old church, which was almost completely demolished.The work was carried out thanks to the oblations of the faithful and the generosity of Luigi Giulietti, one of the wealthiest parishioners.
As early as the end of the 13th century, the presence of a small temple without a title is documented in Villa Balnei, which was then a village of a few houses without walls within the parish of Morrano. The church dedicated to St John the Baptist was built in 1548. In the middle of the 17th century there were three altars inside: the main altar of the titular saint, the one dedicated to the Virgin of the Rosary and the one dedicated to St. Charles. The Confraternities of the Blessed Sacrament and the Rosary were also established in the church. The jus patronato was then entrusted to Nicola Monaldeschi, in the 18th century it passed to the Counts Pollidori and in the 19th century, first to the Counts Parisani of Camerino and Luigi Mari of Ficulle and then to Ambrogio Frezzolini for just a short time. The presence of a cemetery next to the church is mentioned at the beginning of the 18th century.